Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tagged!

I got TAGGED by Connaissances
Took me a bit to figure out what he was talking about but I didn’t stay stupid for too long. I am adding his link to the side along with some other of my recent reading finds. I have been a little lazy of late and haven't added them.
So I now have to answer some questions about my life. hmmmm... This could be interesting.

What was I doing 10 years ago? - I was 22 and possibly drunk. I remember that I was partying a hell of a lot with my friend Cheri and my other friend Cori. Cheri and I were hitting the Country bars looking for men in tight Wranglers, Cori and I were hip hopping it. Never found anything worthy of noting. I do know that I was going through a soul searching phase. There was a lot that I was trying to come to grips with in my life.
I had finally found a steady job at the Greenhouse that I realized I liked. I didn’t like working but, seeing as I had to, the Greenhouse was comfortable for me. Most importantly, I didn’t have to dress nice. I could go to work and then straight into the barn and hop on a horse.
Problem was that I was losing my horses.
I think that this might have been just after I sold Rambler, the best horse I could have ever had. Selling him was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but keeping him was hurting him more. I had no time to ride as I needed money to live, and he still had potential left in him. He was getting fat and useless. I sold him to a girl up country who didn’t really appreciate him for the amazing horse that he was, but realized that he taught her how to ride much better. After that riding almost disappeared in my life. I kept having to ride other peoples troubled, shit horses that they had screwed up or they had bought screwed up. One bloody horse flattened me, literally. Ended up at a chiro for months trying to straighten my back out. Put me off of riding and I was starting to really be turned off by the whole scene.
Men in my life were on a friendly bases. Had a few boyfriends but I was basically stand offish towards all men in general. I had a vision of what I wanted for myself and had no desire to waste my time and energy with someone I would never imagine myself married to. I had a very real fear of ending up like my parents - divorced with kids. I think that is why I fight so hard to make sure Li and I make things work.

What was I doing 5 years ago?- I was celebrating my first birthday in Japan. Janet and I were salsaing away at the Peruvian Disco down the street, flirting with all and spending a lot of time on the beach. It was also around this time that we headed out to Hamamatsu City to watch Pedro Swave Vertis(spelt wrong I have to check that) shake his cute ass on stage while we and a few hundred other Spanish music loving fans screamed away. He came out from Peru to do a Japan tour for all his fans out here. Hmmmmm he had a cute ass.
It was also this time that I was suffering from my very first rice-flower allergy attack. I thought I was dying. I couldn't breathe for a month and my eyes turned into two huge red saucers. I have since adjusted and only suffer a very mild attack from the flower now.
I was also learning how to teach English. I will admit that my first teaching year was a disaster. I had taught dozens of people how to ride a horse but never how to speak a language. It was a year of reading a lot of teaching books and eating a lot of sushi.

What was I doing 1 year ago? - I was pregnant, just finished my three months of puking, and moving into my new apartment. Lets check the archives shall we - August 2004.


What was I doing yesterday? - Worked during the day teaching Toeic tips to overly busy students. Then I went to the bank after work to take out a ton of money for the up coming holiday. Then I picked up JiXiang, headed home and got ready to teach my Monday night ladies. My one lady is going to Italy next month for her daughters wedding. She is marrying a nice looking, holds a damn good job Italian man. Well the wedding is in his home village. By village I mean VILLIAGE! Kyoko was thinking our town size of a hundred thousand people. That is what we think is small here. NOPE! One hundred and fifty people and all are coming to the wedding. She is going to have so much fun.

What am I doing today? - I am writing this. Teaching Toeic tips occasionally and updating my Blog tonight to include all of the links I have been wanting to add. ANNNNDDDDD I have to fold the laundry and wash some more sweat covered clothes.

Five snacks I enjoy. - Gummy bears, popcorn, these healthy triple fruit bars I buy from the FBC, peanut butter M&Ms, fruit

Five bands I like - well this is impossible to answer as I love hundreds of different bands from all different styles of music. Right now, in my stereo are the CDs; Muddy Waters, Great Big Sea, Matthew Good, and in the MD player is Yoshida Kodai, two amazing Japanese brothers.

What 5 things would I do with a million dollars? - Make sure my daughter (and what other kids may exist at that time) has enough money for her education, buy a decent trustworthy car, buy a decent but not lavish house, do a little bit of shopping and maybe go on a short holiday, if there is anything left invest it for retirement fun. I would make sure I donate a little bit to the Meningitis foundation and to a Cancer foundation.

Five locations I would like to run away to? - my sofa with a good book and a glass of cold tea/ Prague because everyone has told me it is an amazing city/ Italy because I have ALWAYS wanted to go/ Cuba because it contains some of the most amazing protected nature habitats in the world/ St. Petersburg because the pictures look amazing. I’d even consider going in the winter as it is almost more beautiful covered in snow.

Five bad habits? - Writing this blog, it consumes my daily thought at times / Telling everyone I meet that my daughter is the most beautiful and amazing kid in the world/ allowing my emotions to show clearly on my face. I have a hard time lying even if it is to make others feel better/ biting my nails. This is one of the reasons why I now have fake nails / being slightly nit picky to Li about non essential things. It totally pisses him off.

Five things I like doing? - Reading / writing my blog / learning by example and others experiences. I hate studying / hugging, playing and talking to my daughter / hugging, playing and talking to my husband

Five TV shows I like? - CSI, the original one / I used to like ER but it turned into a sappy drama / Third Watch. Very exciting / The NEWS / Discovery or National Geographic shows

Five Famous people I would like to meet? - Most Famous people come across to me as being a little arrogant, self centered and basically stupid. Only problem is that I have been conditioned to think that all Famous people are movie and TV stars.
I would like to meet Kofi Annan / I would like to meet the lady who won the Nobel Peace Prize this year, Wangari Maathai. Her speech made me cry and inspired me. / Ever since I started reading Rosie's blog I have fallen in love with her honesty and the way she raises her kids. I would love to meet her and would have a hard time trying not to hug her. / I would love to meet relatives from my Grandma Olga's and Grandpa Oscar's family. In my family they are famous for their amazing whit, tenacity and ability to survive through the Russian Revolution and two world wars, all the while keeping their family alive and connected.

Biggest joys in my life at the moment? - My daughter is my biggest joy. The way my husband loves and plays with his daughter is my other joy.

Favourite toys? - A zip lock bag full of crinkly plastic. It can keep my daughter occupied for ages.

Five people to tag? - This is the most difficult one to fill. Hmmmm....I will tag Holly to find out what she was doing when she was 16. I will tag CaliGirl because she always makes me happy. I will tag Stonelifter because the only thing I really know about him is that he loves to life stones, watch movies and drink slurpees. I would like to tag Z but she is really busy and hasn’t updated her blog in a zillion years. I think I will tag Rosie just to see if she does it. hehe Oh and I will tag Medeafication because she is a fellow Harry Potter lover. And lastly I will tag My Little Pleasure because she is attempting to read Harry Potter in English and because she is a great mother.

Return Home

Posted by (Top)Andrea::8/09/2005 :: 3 Comments:

Post/Read Comments

---------------------------------------