Wednesday, October 05, 2005

THIS IS A RANT!

Yes I am going to rant and those that don’t like it can just stop reading now.
I am going to ramble rant in no coherent sentences as I am so ragingly pissed off right now it is not funny.
Let me start by saying I have been spending this entire morning organizing our life in order to STAY in Japan for probably another 5 bloody years!!!
I have been emailing and faxing back and forth with my MP rep in Canada for a few weeks now. It has been frustrating but some questions are finally being answered but the most important ones are being blatantly ignored.
The Embassy is still holding by their BS story that they sent us letters requesting medical papers back in February. THEY NEVER BLOODY DID!! We never got them and the Japanese postal system ROCKS!
I have a mosquito bite on my knee that is pissing me off even more.
I just got an email today from my MP.
He told the embassy that we got our doctor in Tokyo to RESEND copies of the medical papers and he told them what date things were sent. He also gave them a copy of THE ORIGINAL MEDICAL PAPERS shipping EMS sheet and number so maybe the dips out there can find them.
The original papers had been sent, they were shipped, they arrived, they were lost. My grandma thinks they were stolen and I think she was right. My husband’s last name is Li, cant get more bloody common than that. He also does not photograph well for passport shots and someone can easily copy him. PISS ME OFF MORE!!! Those papers cost me 300bucks not counting the train fare and days off work!!! If they were stolen in would have been an inside job that just sends me reeling in fury. This is the embassy, I am supposed to be able to trust these people.
YA RIGHT! (scoffs)
NOT!
THEN!!!
The email said that the medical papers are only valid for one year!! ONE BLOODY YEAR IS UP IN TWO WEEKS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I told my MP man that I was about to hit the fan and it was not going to be pretty. If the Manila bastards screw this up I am going to go bloody ballistic.
I have had two friends in the last year get their permanent residence visas. One is Japanese and the other is Eastern European. Neither are married to Canadian citizens, and they received their visas no problem.
WHY?
Because they did their visas IN CANADA WITH ACTUAL CANADIANS DOING THE DAMN PAPERWORK!!!” Their visas were not being handled by non-Canadians, who don’t give a crap.
Word of advice to all readers out there: If you are thinking of immigrating to Canada DO NOT DEAL WITH AN EMBASSY ANYWHERE IN SOUTHEAST ASIA!! They are all IDIOTS!
I do hope they read this post.
So ya I am actually thinking about getting my almost 2000$!!! Refund back and stopping this whole god damn visa business for a while. Try again later. Maybe then I can do it in Canada and not in Manila.
Last weekend Li mentioned that if JiXiang stays in Japan until she is at least 5 years old she will be speaking excellent Japanese and should never forget how. Japanese will be her real first language along with English. JiXiang speaking Japanese is just as important to him as Chinese.
She doesn’t start school here until 6 years old and the elementary system is not bad, it is the middle and high school system that SUCKS!
Li’s boss would love to make him a permanent employee and would do a visa change for him so that he can stay.
Can I stay at my job another five years? I think so. There is an 80% chance that my job is stable for a few more years. They love me and are too lazy to try to replace me.
Do I want to stay at this job? I love this job and wish I could bring it to Canada with me.
Why was I going to move?
Because I am ready to leave. Because I am getting bored. I have no hobbies and miss my horses. There is no family here and JiXiang is not getting that, which I think every child needs.
I have to go and work with a fake smile right now but my eyebrows are getting all achy because I can not relax the damn pissed curl that they are doing!

Return Home

Posted by (Top)Andrea::10/05/2005 :: 3 Comments:

Post/Read Comments

---------------------------------------