Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Japan and Canada Reach Pension Deal - finally

Don’t know exactly what this means yet. Gonna give the Canadian Embassy here in Tokyo a few months to find out themselves, then I am going to attack my guy there. I wonder if this will affect me and my pension. Maybe I can keep it all. Hmmm. That would be so nice.
Japan, Canada reach pension deal
Japan and Canada have effectively agreed to end the double payment of pension premiums by their citizens, the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry said Wednesday.
The two governments reached an in-principle accord in Ottawa, the ministry said.
The agreement will take effect within a few years, freeing Japanese living in Canada and Canadians living in Japan from paying pension premiums to both governments.
The Japan Times: Oct. 20, 2005



Return Home

Posted by (Top)Andrea::10/19/2005 :: 4 Comments:

Post/Read Comments

---------------------------------------