Saturday, August 20, 2005

Hotmail sucks

FIRST!!
To those people that have been emailing me, I am really sorry that I have not written back.
I have been able to read them all no problem but for what ever strange and ANNOYING reason, I can not send or reply to anything. Mom has had the same problem. I have no idea why. I will say that it is starting to create smoke stacks coming out of my ears.
So please know that I am not ignoring you, I just can’t make the damn thing work.
------


JiXiang has an infected eye.
Have no idea how she did it. Seeing as she is crawling and sticking her hands EVERYWHERE, she could have picked up something anywhere.
We noticed it on Friday but it seemed very minor. I washed it and it almost appeared like a cut as her fingernails had gotten long. I cut them but it could have been a scratch.
Friday was spent trying to understand the bank machine so that Mom could take money off her credit card.
No problems.
Then we went shopping at my cheap clothing store. Mom had a ball and ended up with 6 outfits for well under a hundred bucks. She is quite giddy about that.
Went to Hobiyon, the crazy store with animation characters on EVERYTHING you could imagine including toilet paper.
I also came to the conclusion that my cameras are evil additions to my life and developed exactly 356 pictures!!!
OH MY GOD!!!
Thank god for a summer sale on digital prints.
Also bought two new photo books to put these pictures in and have created a ‘Mom’s Trip to Japan’ file. It is looking good.

Woke up Saturday morning and decided that JiXiang was definitely going to the doctor. Her eye was puffier and there was a little goop now. She seemed totally oblivious to it. I washed it with salt water and she could not have cared less. Well the doc immediately sent me to an eye doc around the corner. He said that it was a bacterial infection. He did a quick body check of her and said she was totally healthy other than that.
Went to the eye doc and he rinsed it, looked at it under a microscope, put some ointment on it and gave me a 10 day prescription for ointment. He was unconcerned about it. I told him that she was crawling now and getting everywhere. He said there was nothing I could do about it and did not seem at all concerned. This put me at ease.
Got the eye drop stuff and we were on our way racing a coming rain cloud.
The entire morning cost me 5 bucks.
Ahh the beauty of spending a ridiculous amount on medical combined with the government program that says all kids under 5 only pay five bucks for up to four visits a month.
Great, but I still spend over 200 a month on medical for only me and JiXiang.

After the docs we went for a quick Mexican lunch. Then mom really wanted to head to the bird park in Kakegawa.
Yes the bird park again!
I have now been there four times and every time I go I take so many pictures. I do love it there. There were a few new birds this time and Mom had a blast. She was in awe over the amazing plants and having a great time feeding the birds.





The best was that JiXiang was now old enough to enjoy it. I kind of excluded her for the first half of the place. She sat in silence and glared. She finally got down right pissed and demanded that she be included. She started having fun. She was desperately trying to catch the little parakeet things. I didn’t bring my video camera, just the normal digital, and am totally kicking myself. I missed so many great moments. She actually had birds pecking her fingers and she was all smiles. If she had been able to walk she would have gone into the water after the ducks. She was even trying to touch the owls. Lots of hand cleaning afterwards. Don’t need more eye infections.







Then it was home and to a grumpy husband who had worked all day. We went out for dinner at this place that Li had been but I had never. The food was great and Mom was thrilled. She had Wasabi soaked raw Octopus for the first time and now understands why my father shoveled it into his mouth with a spoon when he was here. Damn good stuff.
The food was quite good but the service was painfully slow.
We meandered home with Li taking a few pictures of the new station which is now half completed. There is an escalator now and I LOVE IT!



Today is Sunday and other than basic requirement stuff we are doing nothing. The only thing that really must be done is mom shipping two boxes of stuff home. Her suitcase is full already and she has not yet been to China!

Return Home

Posted by (Top)Andrea::8/20/2005 :: 1 Comments:

Post/Read Comments

---------------------------------------