Sunday, March 27, 2005

HAPPY EASTER

First
a HUGE HAPPY EASTER!!!
To those family member that I know are checking me out. Miss you all, and love you all even more.
Enjoy the food as I am jealous as heck!
Hehe

So I am writing this from work again and I may be doing this for a while. My computer at home has died completely for real this time.
Nils, if you are reading this, if you have time to call THANK YOU, if not I will call you on your Friday evening if that is ok for your schedule. Email me at work.
That goes for everyone else as well. If you want me to answer your emails you have to email me at work for a while. I can not access hotmail for work. Also MIKE and ANDREA dont worry if you send me pictures to my hotmail, I paid for the extra huge account a long time ago so your pictures will be ok and I will get them up as soon as I can.
Grr.
COMPUTERS!!!! We love them and hate them all at the same time. GRRRR!!!

....
I BROKE A NAIL!!!!
...

Ok so last weekend we actually did things.
It was Easter but we dont celebrate it here, I admit that I would have forgotten if it wasn't for BBC. We didn't do anything Easter dinner wise as they dont celebrate it in China either. But we did have eggs!! Why the exclamation mark you ask? Because they are damn good eggs. You can buy them on the street in China town but they are not as good as the home made kind.
First you boil a whole bunch of eggs. Then when they are well done you let them cool and you then roll them so the shell crackles. Then you create this sauce of god knows what. I do know that there is a lot of tea leaves in there and licorice root. What else, I have no idea. You then put the crackled eggs back in and simmer them for hours. They are soooooo goooood. I am going to get Li and his mom to try making some in the crock pot as the gas bill is a tad expensive after cooking them.

We also went to the cherry blossom festival except that there are no blossoms yet and when we arrived the festival was already finished. Piss me off!! So instead we went for a stroll down the old shopping street of Fujieda.
While Li and his mom were in this nice antique store that a stroller could not go in, I zipped into this lovely Buddhist temple and found the most amazing tree.
I took a picture but I can not put it up with this computer. Later.
There was also this alter with a Buddha figure that looked more like a panda bear in robes.
I took a picture but I can not put it up with this computer. Later.
The four of us then headed into the local recycle shop. Li's mom loves these shops and spends hours in them. She bought a diamond ring and a bag. Li bought this salt, pepper, vinegar and sauce table set. I bought some coooooooollll stuff.
First, my first real jewelry box. I still have the jewelry box from my little kid days. It was the kind that had the dancing ballerina that popped up when you opened the lid. Well this one is made of wood, has glass doors, a turny thing to hold necklaces, drawers, a mirror and proper brass handles. It also has a music box drawer. All for only 8bucks!! It is fancy nice!
The other overly cool thing I bought was a doll. Not any old doll but a traditional boy's day doll. This one is a general. It is about a foot and a half high and its cloths are all hand made using kimono cloth. It has on a generals helmet and is holding a spear. It is encased in its own glass box. I walked around the corner and yelled
- LI!! I want this doll!!!! If they deliver I am buying this doll!!!
They delivered, and for free. This old lady came into the store while I was sitting there waiting for Li's mom and she saw the doll. She mentioned to her husband that there was no price tag on it but that it must be about 500 dollars.
NOPE! I paid 15!!!
It is in perfect condition. The face is perfectly clean and the clothes have no dust on it. It is beautiful.
I took a picture but I can not put it up with this computer. Later.
I dont know how I am going to get it home to Canada but I am going to find a way. You can not buy those things in Canada. Brand new ones here start at around 2000 dollars.
I am very giddy about my doll. JiXiang helped me clean up the glass box and I put it all wrapped into the closet. I open the door every once and a while to admire my find.

Return Home

Posted by (Top)Andrea::3/27/2005 :: 1 Comments:

Post/Read Comments

---------------------------------------