Sunday, December 26, 2004



I had a lovely Christmas day.
The weather was beautiful and sunny, although a tad cold. I did some cleaning but mostly just sleeping and lying there contemplating nothing. The day started with Li heading off to work and grumbling the entire time. Poor guy. Then mom called and we had a long Christmas chat. Then I took advantage of most of the Meister family being in one house to make one large phone call and talk to everyone. Only problem was that my phone card ran dry in the midst of my conversation with Ruth. I then went food shopping and revamped my phone card, so that I could call again. I think, I hope, I talked to everyone.

When Li came home that night we had a relaxing evening at Kim’s house. She made a wonderful dinner for us and we talked the night away.
Yesterday, Boxing Day, Kim and I headed out to Hammamatsu to do well nothing, just walk around. Li slept in then meditated in front of the TV all day.
I bought another pair of wonderful slip on shoes, a great blanket in a bag, and a 3D Globe puzzle that will take me FOREVER to complete but looks very cool!!!
There were some beautiful Christmas lights that made Kim and I feel very nostalgic and happy at the same time.





I then met Li for dinner at this American style (but totally NOT) restaurant at the station. While there the radio was playing and I assumed it was a recording of old English radio. It was playing all those wonderful old songs and was completely based in England. Then the news flash came on and needless to say I was praying that it was a false recording. We went home and I quickly checked the news. It was not a dream and I was in shock.
11000 people dead!!!!
Tsunamis and hell. Unbelievable!!!
Watching the news this morning I was crying.
It is in times like these that I wish I was a billionaire with a hell of a lot more power. I would not be subject to politics and a chain of protocol – I would help people at times like these. Back in Canada there are things I can do – the Salvation Army and different Red Cross groups that are readily available for me to volunteer and give to. Here there is nothing that I know of or ever hear of. Only in the giant cities maybe. It makes me feel slightly helpless.

I am now watching 'Lady Hawk' and trying to think good thoughts. It is hard when there are soooo many suffering.

I hope all of my loved ones had a great Christmas and took the time to cherish the time they spent with their family.
I have family all over the world right now and I am starting to miss them.
Ingrid and Don are in Chile,
Mike and his girlfriend are in Ecuador climbing REALLY steep ice covered mountains!! But they seem to be enjoying themselves.
My Canadian family is all over Canada
And then there is the Chinese family who I am starting to feel closer to.
I worry about all as that is my nature and thank god that none were in Southeast Asia yesterday.

Stay safe everyone and go through all your clothes and canned food and give, give, give!!!


Return Home

Posted by (Top)Andrea::12/26/2004 :: 1 Comments:

Post/Read Comments

---------------------------------------