|
Wednesday, October 13, 2004 Well I have tons to write about my festival filled weekend but it is going to be joined with pictures that I dont pick up until tonight, sooooo I will use this short time I have left at work to add on to my cryptic message that I left a few posts ago about 'see you soon'. Well yes I will - see you soon that is. Li and I have been doing a lot of thinking, soul searching and number crunching and the basic outcome - and bloody reality of life - is that it is far more economical to go home much sooner than later. We will actually save more money if we leave Japan early next spring, than if we stayed for our original two year plan. The financial burden of huge daycare costs and having to buy a car when Li's job was only truly guaranteed for one year made us decide that we are packing our bags very soon. Now our basic plan is to head out by mid-May. What we want to do is head to Shanghai for two weeks as Li needs to see all the family and so does the baby. Then we will go to Canada. I can not give anyone any dates at this point, I can not even tell my boss anything either, as we have one HUGE hiccup that must be dealt with first - Li's Permanent Residence Visa for Canada. This requires a TON of paper work and a headache that can not be described. I have started the paper filling and paper gathering, but there are always questions and hiccups in this as we are dealing with both Japanese and Chinese paperwork. AUGH!!!! We also have to deal with our child's citizenship papers and passport all at the same time. This is not as much of a problem really, just more paperwork. Li's mom is still going to try to come out (barring any complications from the biased Japanese Immigration) for two months and baby-sit, as I have to now return to work earlier than planned. This is OK though. All will be OK if Li's visa arrives on time. I am stressed about the time thing. AUGH! Upon arriving in Canada I do plan to ride again. Hehe But anyway, we will most likely be staying in Chilliwack for a while before moving down valley to more opportunities for Li. This is obviously subject to change. Dad has already started pimping Li out to potential employers and getting a feel for what he can do when he arrives. What he will most likely have to do is attend school part time to improve his English writing and reading. So keep your ears open friends and family!!! We are open to all that will give us the best chance. My main concern is a good job for Li. I do want to be a mom. I will have to work but being a mom would also be nice. Li wants to be a working father. Fine with me, I say. I worked for a few hours on his resume last night. Bloody hard when you have to try to change Chinese into the Roman alphabet. UGH. But it looks almost complete and will be heading off to Dad pretty soon. I need to revamp mine, as it was written for my visa application and not a job. Hmmmm gotta think carefully about mine. So that is the basics of it. Dates to be decided later. I think the only thing is that I would like to push a personal dig at is that NO ONE HAS EVER VISITED ME!!!!! Actually this makes me feel really sad. I have been here for almost 5 years and no one has ever come out here. Feel guilty people. Humpf.
Posted by (Top)Andrea::10/13/2004 ::
0 Comments:
|