Tuesday, August 31, 2004



Well I have good news, bad news and Li news.
Lets start with the good news as the bad news makes me depressed.

Good news!!
Remember a while back, probably about a month and a half, I wrote a letter to the head of Human Resources (who is also my boss) and bitched in a very diplomatic way about people not observing the no-smoking- in- the- lunch -room rule. It was a pretty decent letter that covered all the basics.
Well I guess it worked.
I have been eating in the lunch room again for two weeks now. Basically since I have been able to eat without puking, and they have still been smoking, to my annoyance. BUT TODAY there were signs posted that said no smoking and a new outside area had been prepared for all smokers!!! Things take time in a company of this size. Basically it is like dealing with the government - too many layers and different people that you don't know who to talk to exactly concerning each detail. Well my bitching found its way to the right floor and a smoking area has been made. The crazy cancer-stick men can sit outside all covered on new benches and their own ashtrays.
AHHHH sometimes it feels sooooooooo good to bitch.

Li news.
The bus to work did not work out very well yesterday so he came home with the determination to ride his bike. This is over an hour bike ride but it was his decision, so I was not going to dispute it. He could not do this with his old shit bike, so we sent out and bought him a new, but cheap, bike last night as well as a special rain suit for the upcoming typhoon days. Today was his first biking attempt. Lets all pray that his smoking lungs don't cave in and that he makes it home alive.
The exercise will actually be very good for his computer sitting ass.

The BAD news....
We have to get rid of Tintin.
We are really upset by this.
Our apartment is a no pets apartment, for what ever odd reason, but we thought we could keep it secret. Only problem was that we had to call the rental agency's maintenance people because the toilet fan was not working. Li hid Tintin away but she heard people talking and was not going to accept being behind closed doors. She let her voice be heard and the maintenance man forwarded the illegal news.
My boss was phoned, because Sumitomo is the signer on out rental contract, and said the cat goes or they do.
BASTARDS!
So this happened yesterday. I got my student to translate a poster add for me today and I put it up in the lunch room. I am attacking ALL of my students (one of which may have a lead. PRAY) and I will put up a couple of posters at the supermarkets tomorrow after work. I have no time today. I am not happy about this. We had planed on bringing her back to Canada with us. SHIT!!!

So that is life in a nut shell right now. Need face icons here again - how about one that is a half blue and half white with little squiggles coming out of its ears. That is me right now.

Return Home

Posted by (Top)Andrea::8/31/2004 :: 0 Comments:

Post/Read Comments

---------------------------------------