Thursday, August 05, 2004



Well for those of you who have been worried about me this is a good story.

Yesterday I finally broke down. Not literally but close. I started puking at 6:30 in the morning. Somehow made it to work, puking once on the grass around my office building. I taught two classes and got two lectures from two separate students telling me to go home or they would call my big boss and demand I be brought home. I gave in very willingly and was home around noon. I had not kept a single drop of water down and had barely kept any down the day before. I told Li that enough was enough, I want to go to the hospital. We knew that there was no shot they would give me to stop my puking and that the only thing was an IV. I didnt care. I was soo dehydrated my tongue hurt.
So we went.
I had to meet with a different doctor but no problems. Thirty minutes after that I was hooked up to an IV with 1000ml of STUFF in it and I laid there for 2 and a half hours. Very boring but it really worked. I didnt feel 100 percent but I sure felt one hell of a lot better. I went home without puking in the taxi. GOOD! And Li made a real dinner that I ate and did not puke up. I even had enough energy to finally organize the huge bills pile that had been growing all year. I even found 200 bucks in there that went missing in bloody April. Got a glare from Li for that. Hehe
Anyway I went to the doctor again today. I laid there for another 2 hours but this time only 500ml. I am even at work now. Only here for a few hours. I used the energy burst that the IV gave me to frantically rewrite this 4 page abstract to be given to some huge conference people that my student had to do. He is in Malaysia right now so this was all via email. It is about lead-free solder systems for FR-1 thingamagigies and something halogen-free. The sad thing is that I actually understood it.
I have to go to the hospital again tomorrow for another IV and then do a few hours of work here in preparation for the holiday.
I think that Li and I are going to try a restaurant tonight. Ohhhh


Return Home

Posted by (Top)Andrea::8/05/2004 :: 2 Comments:

Post/Read Comments

---------------------------------------